[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]

RNS:: Sub-Launcher forum thread

Disappointed new userRNS:: logo
Bill Falls wrote: March 27th, 2007
I just bought and tried SubLauncher. Here's my experience:

1. On my Treo 700P (no silkscreen buttons) the only "trigger" option is one of the four programmable buttons (plus Option key combos for three of them). Rather than give up my current programming for these buttons I chose the "press and hold" option. Not user-friendly: you have to perfectly time your keypress at about 1/2 second - too short or too long and you simply go to the programmed application for that button.

2. I see almost no difference between using SubLauncher and the old way of exiting one application and starting another. The trigger key takes me to the Palm launcher where I start the second application. When I'm done I exit the application and return to where I was by using a programmed key or the Palm launcher - exactly as I'd do without SubLauncher. No switching back and forth between applications. If there's something I'm missing it isn't in the Readme file

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: March 27th, 2007
Regarding #1: What you described is a known bug in Sub-Launcher on Treos, and wewill try to fix it for the next version of Sub-Launcher.

Regarding #2: Please refer to this thread to learn what is the advantage of sublaunching vs. normal launching of applications: http://www.1src.com/freeware/fileinfo.php?id=1674

Bill Falls wrote: March 28th, 2007
I appreciate the answer.

The part that escapes me is what the linked page describes as follows: "and then come
right back to the web browser." How does SubLauncher let me do that more quickly than I do through Palm OS without SubLauncher?

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: March 29th, 2007
Well, when returning to browser, you don't have to go to launcher first, and then tap the browser's icon, but you return immediately.

But more importantly, try it with the web browser - when you return in a standard way, the web page that you were browsing either loads again, or does not reload at all. With Sub-Launcher no (re)loading takes place because everything remains unchanged since you left the browser.

Bill Falls wrote: March 29th, 2007
What is the mechanism to "return immediately"? Do I use the SubLauncher trigger again? This is the information that's missing from the ReadMe file and the thread linked from your 27 March reply above.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: March 29th, 2007
Right. You either press the trigger again or the home button to return to the previous application.

Bill Falls wrote: March 30th, 2007
Thank you. I respectfully suggest that you explain this step on this website and in the ReadMe file.

Dennis Mele wrote: June 15th, 2007
My favorite launcher is Hi-Launcher, but Sub-Launcher will only launch the Palm launcher. Is there a way of getting Hi-Launcher to launch instead?

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: June 19th, 2007
Unfortunately not, because Hi-Launcher is just a co-launcher and not the basic launcher.
You may, however, use Accessorizer to create DA's that can be launched with Hi-Launcher. This will work in the way you expect this.

Dennis Mele wrote: June 19th, 2007
Thanks for the quick response. Does this mean that creating DAs for Hi-Launcher therefore obviates the need for Sub-Launcher?

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: June 20th, 2007
Yes. If you'd like to use Sub-Launcher with Hi-Launcher, then you don't actually have to use Sub-Launcher at all, but just the DA's created with Accessorizer.
Forum navigationRNS:: logo
All threadsClick here to go back to the list of threads.
Add new message to this threadRNS:: logo
Posting to this forum has been permanently disabled.
[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]   [updates]   [forums]
Palm, Treo, and Centro are trademarks or registered trademarks of Palm, Inc.
Copyright © 2024 RNS::

RNS:: website navigation:
RNS:: home page RNS:: news RNS:: Palm OS software RNS:: Windows Mobile software RNS:: support RNS:: update policy