[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]

RNS:: general forum thread

ClickClick AlarmRNS:: logo
Werner wrote: April 10th, 2007
I installed ClickClick Alarm on my Windows XP SP2 pc, but when I right-click on a midi file (extension .mid), I don't get the option "install to palm".

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: April 12th, 2007
Can you paste your installation log here? You can get it by clicking "Details" in the last installation step. Then right-click to get the "Copy" option.

Werner wrote: April 14th, 2007
Output folder: C:\Program Files\RNS\ClickClick Alarm
Extract: C:\WINDOWS\system32\RccaShEx.dll
Registering: C:\WINDOWS\system32\RccaShEx.dll
Extract: ClickClick Alarm.exe
Extract: ClickClick_Alarm_template.prc
Created uninstaller: C:\Program Files\RNS\ClickClick Alarm\Uninstall.exe
Completed

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: April 17th, 2007
Looks correct. Please try with the file from our website and tell me if it works:
http://www.ranosoft.net/downloads/clickclick-alarm_release.zip

Werner wrote: April 17th, 2007
First uninstalled the previous version and then installed the release you mentioned above. Unfortunately it makes no difference.

Werner wrote: April 19th, 2007
Just installed the program on an pc with an English language version of Windows XP SP2 and had no problem. The pc that has a problem is running a Dutch language version of Windows XP SP2. Is there some language dependend code (parameters, checking, ....) in this application?

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: April 23rd, 2007
I'll take a look into this soon, but I don't think there's any language dependent code... maybe in the installer that I use...

Werner wrote: May 11th, 2007
Any news on this?

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: May 13th, 2007
I just tried it on a Greek translation of Windows (with the Greek alphabet and so on), and on Polish Windows, and they both work properly. I don't think if I can find the Dutch Windows for testing purpose :-/

Lothar wrote: March 6th, 2008
Hi,

looks like a more general problem; I run into the same problem with a German windows xp.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: March 10th, 2008
OK, there's one more possibility that emerged. Are your Windows 64-bit editions? They are currently incompatible.

Werner wrote: March 10th, 2008
I'm not using the 64-bit version. Don't know about Lothar.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: March 17th, 2008
Unfortunately I don't have access to the German version of Windows.

Can you also paste your installation log here? You can get it by clicking "Details" in the last installation step. Then right-click to get the "Copy" option.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: March 31st, 2008
OK, I have news.

Please install ClickClick Alarm again (download link) and then apply this patch:
http://www.ranosoft.net/other/FixCCAlarm_assoc.reg
Then you may need to reboot your computer.

There's a big chance that ClickClick Alarm will start working after that. Please tell me if it does.

Werner wrote: April 1st, 2008
Radoslaw,

I really appreciate your efforts. Unfortunately this patch doesn't make a difference for my Dutch windows xp version.
I installed the version from the download link and applied the registry patch, after which I rebooted the system.

Radoslaw Nowak (RNS::) wrote: April 3rd, 2008
Aha :-( Then I still have no idea what can be wrong in that case :-( This patch has helped at my friend's Windows Vista (English) who had some file-type conflicts between Winamp and Windows Media Player. Sorry to bother you then.
Forum navigationRNS:: logo
All threadsClick here to go back to the list of threads.
Add new message to this threadRNS:: logo
Posting to this forum has been permanently disabled.
[home]   [news]   [Palm OS]   [Treo]   [Windows Mobile]   [support]   [updates]   [forums]
Palm, Treo, and Centro are trademarks or registered trademarks of Palm, Inc.
Copyright © 2024 RNS::

RNS:: website navigation:
RNS:: home page RNS:: news RNS:: Palm OS software RNS:: Windows Mobile software RNS:: support RNS:: update policy